Grilling foodstuffs on charcoal grills is standard, but it can be hazardous. Although it can help you not only grill your food perfectly, it can also ruin your wooden floor with its open flame if you are not using it carefully. You have to use it with loads of safety and care. Otherwise, it can lead you to something precarious and dangerous.
Several forms of grills
We all love some tasty and yummy turkey, chicken, or beef. But different people love to use different types of grills to make their food delicious. Some of them are
- Charcoal grills
- Gas grills
- Outdoor electric grills
- Portable grills
- Indoor grills
- Wood pellet grills
- Charcoal kettle grills
- Kamado grills
- Open grill
- Vessel grill
- Electric grill
- Propane grill
The perils of using a charcoal grill on a wooden patio
There will be no dilemmas if you have sufficient practice with a charcoal burner. But if you are new to using this kind of device, you should be aware of these disadvantages.
- It would be best if you tried to apply a grill on your wooden platform, as it would be perfect for protecting yourself from the fire. If you are doing it outside, you should be aware of the windy weather as it can worsen the whole situation.
- If you are grilling something near trees or plants, then you should watch out for the vines and branches from the trees as they can catch fire. The flames are always on high heat so that they can get on the leaves or stems.
- You should also check out the dripping grease on your wooden deck, as when you are grilling something, it needs more sauce to make it yummy. All that extra sauce can drip on your wooden deck and ruin it.
- Things to ponder while using a coal grill
Because this event is highly hazardous, going to adopt safety precautions is extremely important. I’ve chosen to make some thoughts for it, which I’ve noted here.
- It would be best if you did not use this grill near fire escapes.
- To shield the grill from breakage or grease traces, use grill pads.
- To keep yourself unharmed, it’s desirable to maintain a fire extinguisher around you at any and all moments.
- Indoor grilling is not permissible.
- It would be best if you did not use it near a building or house.
- You also should not grill food near trees or branches of trees.
- Never use this grill on a patio that has celling.
- You should keep kids away from flames, grills, or any risky device.
- Kerosene should never be used to light the coal grills.
- The coals cannot be torched with weak fluid.
- It should be kept in a well-ventilated area so that the gas does not endanger anyone’s life.
- Before dumping the burned-out coals, leave them to chill for at least two days.
- It would be best if you cleaned the grills regularly to keep them away from bacteria.